Woodsy Bay Window Garland
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12’ twig roping
- Fabric – 4 coordinating
- Burlap garland (2)
- Evergreen swag (1)
- Picks – acorns, branches, berries, etc.
- Pinecones – 3 bags
- Twig stars on sticks (5)
- Nest on twigs (2)
- Brown birds (2)
- Fabric-covered wire (2 pkgs)
- Wire cutters
1. Uncoil twig roping and suspend at window. Even out the left and right drops, and begin to assemble the garland in place.
2. Using wire cutters, remove all branches from the evergreen swag. Set the branches aside. Wire “trimmed" swag to the center of the garland using the silver rings at the back to secure to the roping.
3. Snip the twig stars from their branches. Bundle the branches along with greenery and picks, for a central focal point over the “trimmed" swag.
4. Using paper-covered wire, create bundles of evergreen, pinecones, twig stars, and other picks to create focal points intermittently along the garland.
5. Cut strips of fabric about 1-1/2"x12". Fold these in half lengthwise and knot onto the roping. Cut similar size strips of burlap ribbon and tie on. Fill the remainder of the entire garland with these fabric and burlap strips.
6. Tie raffia bows onto the garland, intermittently. Wire the birds and picks into the nests. Attach to the garland at the top corners or near the center, wherever more interest is desired.