Woven Back Hooded Sweatshirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 matching sweatshirts
- Rotary cutter
- Ruler & mat
- Fabric glue
- Hand needle & thread (optional)
1. Cut the back off of one sweatshirt.
2. Lay flat and cut 2” strips vertically from top to bottom
3. Set strips aside.
4. Place cutting mat inside of the other sweatshirt with back side up.
5. Beginning 1/2” up from bottom band, place ruler; with rotary cutter, cut from one side to another in a line divisible by 2.
6. Move ruler up 2” and cut again.
7. Continue cutting every 2” until reaching the sleeves.
8. Step in 2” on each side and continue cutting to within 3” of top.
9. Using the set-aside strips, weave strips through sweatshirt back.
10. Pin ends.
11. Continue weaving and pinning strips.
12. Lay sweatshirt flat and adjust weaving.
13. On bottom edges, turn under 1/2”on strips that are on the outside.
14. Stitch or glue close to bottom band.
15. Glue strips to inside, close to bottom band.
16. Readjust weaving, if necessary.
17. At the top, glue strips that are going under last cut.
18. For strips that are going over last cut, measure up 2”, make a 2” slash, and tuck strip under. Glue in place.
19. Place a small dot of glue in centers of each woven square to prevent shifting.