Woven Fleece Stadium Blanket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yards of 5 coordinating 60" fleece fabrics
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- From each fabric cut parallel to the selvedge:
- Two 1-1/2" strips
- Three 2" strips
- Two 2-1/2" strips
- Two 3" strips
- One 10" strip (for back)
- Step 1 - Back: Place 10" strips side-by-side face down. Slightly overlap edges, then sew zigzag stitches to join the pieces forming a 50"x54" rectangle.
- Step 2 - Weaving: Lay strips in random color and size order side-by-side on the back, wrong side up. Pin one end of each strip to back. Weave remaining strips over and under pinned strips. Trim the woven top to 48"x52" and pin securely to backing.
- Step 3 - Finishing: Backing should be about one inch larger all around than woven top. Fold backing over top and stitch around edge with zigzag stitch to create binding. Sew layers together as desired, connecting weaving to backing. Remove pins.