SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- You Design It!™ Loom Kit
- 2 loom refill kits
- Wood letters, 5 each: X, O
- Crayola® washable kids’ paints
- Medium paintbrush
Refer to photo. Read the directions provided with the You Design It!™ Loom Kit.
1. Make 9 square potholders in a variety of colors. For best results, only use 2 colors per square. Option: Make the middle square more abstract using all colors.
2. Lay out 9 squares to create a 3 by 3 block. Place the squares that look least alike next to each other for contrast. When squares are in position, flip them with the right side facing down.
3. Use an extra loop from the kit to weave two potholders together. Tie off to one corner of one of the potholders. Choose a color that coordinates with the side of one of the potholders so it is less visible.
4. Weave the end of the loop through the end loops on the side of each potholder. Thread back and forth between each potholder to secure. Tie off the ends with an end loop. If there is any excess, thread it back through one of the loops. Repeat to weave together all the sides of the potholders to create the tic-tac-toe mat.
5. Paint the wood letters. Allow them to dry before using.