Woven Trim Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd Crepe-back satin, white
- 2-1/4 yd Piping, white
- 1-1/4" Black ribbons, 1-1/4 yd each of: velvet, picot, trim
- 16" Pillow form
- Fabri-Tac Glue
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Ruler or tape measure
- Cutting the satin:
- One 16-1/2"x16-1/2" pillow front
- One 16-1/2"x10" back flap
- One 16-1/2"x13" back flap
- Fold the 16-1/2" edge of both back flap pieces under 1/2", press, fold under 1/2" again and press. Sew, making finished edges.
- Place front side of pillow on work surface.
- Measure in approx. 2" from side edge and place the black picot ribbon parallel to the edge; pin in place. Add black trim 1/2" from edge of ribbon; pin in place. Repeat with the black velvet ribbon. Refer to photo.
- Repeat step 4 across the top of the pillow, weaving the ribbons over and under.
- Once the designing is done, use Fabri-Tac glue to secure all trims to fabric.
- Pin piping to the front, clipping corners to fit. Overlap the cording and pin in place. Sew cording to pillow front using a zipper foot or piping foot.
- Place front of pillow right side up and lay the 2 back pieces right sides down, overlapping the 2 back pieces. Pin in place and sew together.
- Clip the corners, turn pillow right side out and place pillow form inside.