SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4 Yards Simplicity®/MD 1/2"faux leather band trim
- Embroidery floss
- Sewing machine & matching thread
- Embroidery needle
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Cut two 19" lengths of faux leather trim. Unfold one side on each length and place right sides together, matching up edges. Stitch together by following the fold line. Press open.
2. Stitch down both folded long sides of trim from step one, keeping as close to each edge as possible. This will be the belt back.
3. Cut two 46" lengths of faux leather trim and stitch down both folded long sides on each length (again, staying as close to each edge as possible).
4. Attach 46" lengths to belt back by folding short sides of belt back under 1/2" and pinning one of the 46" ends, RIGHT side up, to the wrong side of the belt back. Stitch across short end of belt back. Repeat for other 46" length and other side of belt back.
5. Use embroidery thread to embellish belt with decorative stitches.