Wrapped Canvas with Flowers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4 - 10" x 10" artist canvas
- Fabric (approx. 1 yard – consider design)
- Felt (approx 2 sheets for each flower - in colors to compliment fabric)
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Stapler & staples
- Ruler or tape measure
1. Determine placement of fabric design on canvas.
2. Cut fabric approximately 2” bigger than canvas all the way around, allowing enough extra to wrap canvas (14 x 14).
3. Lay fabric upside down. Place canvas upside down on top of fabric. Pull sides of fabric up and staple to back of canvas frame. Pull fabric so it is secure but check to make sure design is still in correct place.
4. Create Felt Flowers:
a. Cut 16-20, 2” squares (approx.)
b. Cut 8-12 squares, slightly smaller.
c. Cut 6-8 squares, slightly smaller than the last.
d. Cut 2 opposite corners rounded on each square to create a petal.
e. Place a small dab of glue on the bottom middle of each petal and fold the edges into the middle to give petal dimension. Repeat on each petal until all are complete.
f. Cut a circle approx. 3” diameter.
g. Glue larger petals around outside edge. Work into the middle using smaller petals for each layer.
h. Use a small strip of felt about 1” long and 1/2" tall. Make small snips about half way down, then wrap up and glue to middle of flower.
5. When flower is complete, glue to center of wrapped canvas.
6. Repeat for the remaining 3 canvas.