SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ready-to-decorate bass wood
- Acrylic craft paint
- 2-3 pkgs of brass escutcheon pins
- Yarn in multiple colors
- Different sized lids or circle templates
1. Paint board. Allow to dry.
2. Use different sized lids or circle templates to lay out pattern, lightly trace.
3. Create stems and leaves by freehand tracing some curved lines and leaf shapes.
4. Hammer in pins along tracings. Pins can be placed approx 1/4" apart. Does not have to be exact. Start with inside circles and then outer circles. Hammer all pins.
5. Choose a yarn and tie a small knot around one pin. Begin weaving yarn back and forth from one circle to the next. Can use different ways of wrapping/weaving between the circles. Once the circle is completed tie off with a small knot and cut the yarn as closely as possible. Select another yarn for the next circle. Using different techniques creates different patterns/textures. Just play with different ways of wrapping the yarn between the pins.
6. Use green yarn for stems and leaves.