Yarn Love Bugs
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Clover® Pom-Pom Maker, Large
- Big Twist™ Yarns: Bumbleberry, Bright Rainbow, Premuim Peacock Stripes
- Pipe cleaners in assorted colors
- Paste-on eyes, 10mm
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- With the Pom-Pom maker, open the arches on one side and wind the yarn around the arches. Repeat on the other side.
- Close the Pom-Pom maker arches, and cut the yarn down the grooves in the middle of each side.
- Tie a piece of yarn around the middle of the Pom-Pom maker, making sure it is tight. Open the Pom-Pom maker and pull off the Pom-Pom. Trim the Pom-Pom to desired shape.
- String a pipe cleaner through the middle of the Pom-Pom and fold it upward. Wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil to create a spiral on both ends. Hot glue an eye on each end of the pipe cleaner.
- For Arms, hot glue pipe cleaners into the body of the bug.
- Cut out hearts out of cardstock and write message.
- Fold arms over heart message to hold in place.