Yarn Wrapped Frame
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Yarn – Red, 2 shades and textures; green; white
- Green felt, stiffened
- Wooden frame
- Paint: Red
- Tacky glue
1. Paint entire frame and supporting post Red. Apply a second coat for good coverage.
2. Wrap yarn vertically around the left and right surfaces of frames. Tie off in the back.
3. Weave the second Red yarn horizontally through the vertical design. Use the photo as a guide.
4. Draw a holly leaf on stiffened green felt with tacky glue. Press yarn into the glue and allow the glue to dry. Cut out holly leaf shapes and glue to frame.
5. Tie 3 strands of white yarn in a double knot, cut off ends, and glue the knots to the frame, between leaves. Insert photo.