Yarn Wrapped Pencil Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart&® Super Saver&®: 1 skein each:Soft NavyBuffBurgundy
- A clean, dry can with no sharp edges
1. Measure the can and apply adhesive to the can. If using glue, add the glue only to the section being worked on.
2. Cut about 24" of each color of yarn. Tie a knot in one end and tightly braid the three strands together. Tie a knot when finished. Repeat two more times for a total of three braids. Set aside.
3. With first color, start wrapping around the can for about an inch. Take one strand of the braided yarn and wrap this around twice, tie off in a knot and trim ends. Repeat two more times until reaching the bottom of the can.
4. Put adhesive on the top rim of the can and with yarn; tie ends in a bow. Add yarn around bottom of the can.
5. Line the inside of the can with construction paper or some type of fabric.