Yo-Yo Embellished Drawstring Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/4 yd fabric: bag & lining
- 1/4 yd each, two fabrics for yo-yos
- 1/4 yd fusible fleece
- 11/2 yd cording: cut in half
- Clover® "Quick" Yo-Yo Maker: large, extra-large
- Assorted buttons
- Basic sewing/crafting supplies
- Iron, pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- Templates for 21" circles
DIRECTIONS: WS = Wrong side(s) RS= Right side(s)
1. Cut two 21" circles from bag/lining fabric.
2. Cut one 3 1/2" circle of fusible interfacing. Following manufacturer's directions, fuse to center of WS of the 21" fabric circle.
3. Fold 1 large circle in half to find center. Lightly press the fold line. Stitch a 3/4" buttonhole 1" from fabric edge at each end of fold line. Cut open buttonholes.
4. With RS together, stitch large circles together, using a 1/4" seam allowance; leave an opening for turning. Turn and whip stitch opening closed. Press.
5. To form a casing, stitch a line of stitching 1 1/2" from edge. Repeat 2 1/4" from edge.
6. Insert one piece of cording in casing, starting and ending at the same buttonhole. Knot cording ends. Insert 2nd piece of cording through the remaining buttonhole. Knot.
7. Following package directions, make 10 extra-large yo-yos and 10 large yo-yos. Embellish yo-yos with buttons.
8. Embellish bag with yo-yos.