SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
BATTER COLORS TINTED:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Color Right™ Performance Color System (tinting formulas below)
- 8" x 2" Round Pan (3 used)
- 16" x 10" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub (6 cups used)
- Cake Dividing Chart
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tip: 1M
- Favorite white cake recipe or mix (12 cups batter needed)
- Cake pedestal
Use Color Right base colors and QuickCount™ color formulas to tint batter in the following shades:
• Teal (formula 3262): 4 cups batter + 6 Y + 1 B
• Pink (formula 190): 4 cups batter + 6 P + 8 R
• Yellow (formula 109): 4 cups batter + 1 O + 7 Y
Cake serves 20.
- Make layered cake. Divide batter into 4-cup portions. Tint each portion following QuickCount color formulas above. Bake and cool cakes.
- Prepare icing. Level, fill and stack layers on cake pedestal, for a 3-layer cake, 5" high.
- Decorate cake. Use toothpick and cake dividing chart to divide cake sides and top into 10 sections. Mark divisions in half to create 20 sections. Use tip 1M, a decorating bag and icing to pipe zigzags in each section.