Zip-A-Boo Sleeve Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Coats Separating Sport Zipper, 24”
- Dual Duty XP general purpose thread to match zipper
- Chalk pencil
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Mark the center back of the shirt on the neck band and the hem of the back of the shirt. Measure 24” up from the hem and draw a line from this point to the center back of the hem.
- Lay shirt on flat surface. Place zipper, facing up on the line with the pull at the hem of the shirt. Center the teeth on the line. Pin in place, pinning only through the zipper and the back of the shirt.
- Put the zipper foot on the sewing machine. Starting at the bottom end of the zipper ¼” away from the teeth, one side of the zipper to the shirt being careful not to catch the shirt front in the zipper. Backstitch to secure. Sew across the bottom end of the zipper, pivot and sew the other side of the zipper to the shirt. Backstitch to secure.
- Unzip the zipper. Carefully cut the shirt between the sides of the zipper.