1. Open the zippers and cut twelve 4" sections of red zipper and three 4" sections of the green zipper. Apply fray check to the cut edges.
2. Thread a needle with the red thread. To form the petals and leaves, fold one section of zipper tape in half width wise with the zipper teeth together, beginning at short raw edges sew close to the edges of zipper tape with a running stitch for 1". Knot the thread but do not cut.
3. Continue the running stitch along the tape edge to 1/2" away from the fold; begin to angle the stitches toward the teeth.
4. Pull the thread to gather the tape until the tape edge of the petal is 1-1/2".
5. Turn zipper teeth at the top of the petal away from the center seam and adjust the gathers.
6. Repeat with all red and green zipper sections.
7. Arrange 6 of the red petals in a circle with the cut edges inward. Thread the needle without knotting the end.
8. Sew a running stitch 1/8" away from the cut edge on all of the petals in the order that they are arranged leaving 8" of the thread loose at the beginning and end to form a circle of petals that are joined together at the center. With both loose ends of thread together, pull the thread to gather the petals together at the center. Knot the threads together with the petals tightly gathered and leave the thread tails on the underside of the flower section.
9. Repeat with the remaining 6 red petals to form a second flower section.
10. Place one flower section on top of the other with the petals offset and the thread tails pulled through the center to the underside. Use one thread tail to secure the sections together with a few small stitches through all layers at the center of the flower and knot the thread.
11. Place the leaf sections under the flower and secure with one of the thread tails to the underside of the flower and knot the thread. Be sure that all thread tails are knotted and snip them close to the knot.
12. To form the flower center, cut a 2" section of the light green zipper. Sew a running stitch, using buttonhole thread, along the outer edge of the zipper tape.
13. Pull the thread to gather the zipper section and knot the thread but do not cut.
14. With thread still attached, roll the zipper into a rosebud shape and stitch to hold the shape.
15. Sew the flower center to the top of the flower centering it over the gathered petal edges.
16. Sew or hot glue the flower onto the pin back.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>