Zipper Flower Brooch
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yds zipper trim or two 18" heavy duty separating zippers (cut off the connector)
- Needle and thread
- Pin back
- Jewelry pliers
- Fold over zipper onto itself at an angle and stitch in place. See #1.
- Begin wrapping zipper around center, stitching in place as you go. See #2.
- Continue wrapping zipper around center. Twist and fold zipper back onto itself to add interest. See #3.
- Continue in this manner until you reach the desired flower size.
- Sew on pin back. If using zippers add on each length by starting the beginning and end of each piece underneath the flower. Use jewelry pliers to push and pull needle and thread through the flower as it gets thicker.