Zipper Wrapped Vase
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Nine Coats Separating Sport Zippers, 24”, Red Rose, Yale Blue, Kiwi*
- Round Glass Vase, 12” high, 5” diameter
- Seam sealant
- Glue gun and glue sticks
*Quantity may vary depending on size of vase
- Unzip and separate zippers. Cut all of the zippers except one in half and remove pulls. Measure the height of the vase and trim zippers to this length. Dab seam sealant on cut ends to prevent fraying.
- Measure around the top of the vase and trim the uncut zipper to this length. Glue around the top of the vase, with the teeth up. Repeat with the other side of the zipper around the bottom of the vase.
- Begin covering the vase by gluing one 12” piece of one zipper to the vase. Overlap the next 12” zipper tape slightly over the tape of the first zipper with the teeth facing the same direction. Glue in place. Repeat, repeating the color sequence until the vase is covered.