Tips:API can be diluted up to 25% with water for pastel or lighter color variations. Mix All-Purpose Ink (API) into Aloe Vera gel to thicken the ink for a more controlled application. The Aloe Vera will wash out of fabric completely. Blend White API with darker colors to produce pastel colors. Application of hand lotion prior to use will reduce staining of hands. Launder fabric first if sizing is present.
All-Purpose Ink Facts:Water-based and odorless, concentrated pigment ink Suitable for fabric, wood, leather, porcelain, bisque, and other natural porous surfaces Leaves a wonderfully soft hand; ink penetrates the fibers instead of sitting on top like acrylic paint 41 non-metallic and 6 shimmery/metallic colors
1) Dip the tip of a Fantastix into an API bottle to allow the ink to wick up into the barrel of the Fantastix.
2) Apply color by lightly gliding the loaded Fantastix over project surface.
3) Heat set to make permanent.
Quick Troubleshooting:To remove ink while still wet: API can generally be rinsed out while the ink is still wet To remove ink while partially dry: Apply detergent to area before heat-setting the surrounding colors. Stain removal pens are also recommended (NOT bleach pens).
Faux appliqué: stitch around API-colored fabric and imagesUse API with shaving cream for unique marbling effects Paint or spray API onto wet fabric and then sprinkle with salts for a mottled look Perfect for filling in embroidery and outlined fabric API is great for rubbings, stenciling and silk screening.
All-Purpose Ink Options:
1) API individual bottles (.5 fl oz)
2) API 4-Color Mini-Workstation: Includes 4 coordinating bottles of API, 1 ink dropper, 4 brush and 4 bullet tipped Fantastix with caps, Fantastix stand with 2 ink mixing wells and instructional DVD.
3) API 12-Color Workstation: Includes 12 coordinating bottles of API, 12 brush and 12 bullet tipped Fantastix with caps, acrylic workstation and instructional DVD.