1. Wrap the tops and sides of each of the cake tiers with the cellophane. Fold the cellophane in pleats around the sides to fit nicely. Glue the cellophane in place at the bottom of each tier. Trim cellophane around bottom.
2. Glue the tiers together like stair steps. The back of the cake tiers should be flush with one another.
3. Arrange the art supplies onto the tiers of the cake. Secure the items in place with rubber bands.
4. Cut lengths of ribbon to go around the cake tiers, glue in place to hide the rubber bands.
5. Make two small bows for the top of the cake and glue in place.