CHRISTMAS PINWHEEL THUMBPRINT COOKIES
1. Prepare dough following recipe directions. Bake cookies. Remove from oven, and while still warm, press candy wafer down with flat side of wafer facing up, and allow cookies to cool completely. Reserve remaining candy.
2. Melt reserved bright white and red Candy Melts candy, separately, in microwave-safe bowl according to package directions. Use tip 2, cut disposable decorating bags and melted candy to pipe curved lines in contrasting color on cookies. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3 to 5 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, walnuts and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well. Shape dough into 1â€? balls. Place on cookie sheet and make indentation in ball with finger.
3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to cooling grid; immediately top with Candy Melts candy wafer. Cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
CHRISTMAS TREE COOKIES
*Royal icing takes at least 24 hours to dry. Start cookie projects at least a day before serving.
1. Prepare chocolate and plain roll-out cookie dough following recipe directions. Tint plain roll-out cookie dough green. Roll out dough following recipe directions. Use tree cutter from set to cut out cookies. Bake cookies and allow to cool completely.
2. Prepare royal icing according to mix package directions. Thin 1/2 cup icing with 1-1/2 teaspoons of piping gel. Use tip 3, a cut disposable decorating bag and thinned icing to pipe curved lines on trees. Use flat brush from set to gently brush lines upward. Allow to dry overnight.
1. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use snowflake cutter from set to cut shapes. Bake cookies and allow to cool completely.
2. Reserve 24 to 28 bright white Candy Melts candy wafers for centers of cookies. Melt remaining bright white Candy Melts candy in disposable decorating bag according to package directions. Cut small point off of disposable decorating bag when ready to decorate. Pipe dot in center of cookies and attach candy wafers. Pipe snowflake lines and sprinkle with white nonpareils until lines are covered. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3 to 5 minutes.