SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Felt, 3 themed colors
- Ribbon, assorted widths, textures, sheens continuing the color theme
- Thick cotton cord
- Iron-on letters, 3"
- Fabric glue
- Measure the cord you need by draping it across the high chair tray to determine the length. Tie in back of chair and trim.
- Mark the cord where you want the ribbons to begin and end around baby. Decide how long the ribbons will hang from the cord in front of the tray. Probably at least to the seat.
- Find the center of the high chair and mark the cord.
- Cut three pieces of felt larger than the iron on letters. Iron-on following the instructions. Using a ribbon, glue the felt banners using fabric glue.
- Next measure your ribbons. Double the length you want them to hang. Fold the ribbon in half, holding the loop on top. Place the loop behind the cord. Take the tails of your ribbon and put them through your loop. Once the tails are through the loop, pull very taunt - this will attach the ribbon to your cord. The ribbons can placed be random, or in a pattern.
- Attach the banner on the ribbon to the finished ribbon skirt, centering on the tray.