SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique(R) PUL - 2/3 yd white
- 20' White zipper
- White thread
- Sewing machine with zipper foot
- Iron and pressing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
Finished size 20' x 26' – standard pillow
1. Cut 1 each from PUL:
21' x 27' – front
21' x 25-¼' – back
21' x 4' – zipper flap
2. Line up short edge of back with zipper edge, right sides together. Stitch ¼' seam using zipper foot. Fold back PUL and press on right side using iron set on low heat, making sure iron does not touch laminate side of fabric. Topstitch along fold, if desired.
3. Turn long edge of flap under 1', press using an iron set on medium heat. Be careful not to touch laminate with iron. Position flap over zipper, overlapping by ¼'. Pin zipper to flap. On underside, stitch ¼' from edge of zipper. Baste across top of zipper.
4. Position front of cover on back, right sides together. The flap end will extend beyond the front. Trim excess flap to same size as cover. Open zipper halfway. Pin and then stitch with ½' seam allowance.
5. Trim corners and turn right side out. Carefully press seam area only, using a low heat. Fabric will fuse together when pressed with laminate sides facing.