SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted glass seed beads
- Glass bugle bead
- Natural brown cardstock (5"x 7" folded card base)
- Blue cardstock 4 1/2"x 6 1/2" for embellishment
- Glue stick
- Beading needle
- Beading thread
- Green Paint
- Paint a basic Christmas tree in the center of the blue paper with a paintbrush and green paint. Allow to dry.
- Using your beading needle and thread to add beads to the tree to look like ornaments. Start by knotting the thread at the end and poking the needle up from the back of the cardstock. Place a bead onto the needle and thread the needle back through the same hole. Secure the bead in place with a knot on the back and continue around the tree.
- For the Star at the top of the tree, use Bugle Beads to make a burst shape and secure a seed bead in the center. Knotting on the back to secure in place.
- Once all the embellishments are added to the blue card stock, apply glue to the back with a glue stick and glue the blue card stock to the center front of the brown cardstock card.
Craft Hack Tips and Tricks:
- Don't use too much paint or water when painting on cardstock, the excess moisture will cause the cardstock to warp.
- If you have issues knotting the beads tightly secure them in the back with a piece of tape.