1. Cut 6"x11" strips of canvas. Cut a triangle from the bottom of each strip by finding the center, measuring up 3", and using a ruler and rotary cutter to cut from that point to each corner. Stitch around the perimeter of each section using a 1/4" seam allowance.
2. Use the scalloped birthday square plate, black ink and white cardstock to create a letter-pressed die-cut for each section of the banner. Mount these to 5"x5" squares of patterned paper with adhesive.
3. Add punched stars and music notes to each die cut and then stitch each square to a canvas piece.
4. To string the banner together, cut 2" wide strips of a coordinating fabric and stitch them together end to end to desired length. Tip: Sample banner has 7 sections and is three 45" lengths of fabric. This leaves plenty of excess at each end for hanging the banner.
5. Find the center of the strip and center one of the sections over it, fold the strip in half to encase the top of the section, and pin the layers together. Continue adding sections to the strip leaving 3" of space between them.
6. Finish the banner by starting at one end of the folded fabric strip and stitching along the entire length of it with a 1/4" seam allowance.