SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White cotton fabric, 12" x 12" piece
- Printable iron-on transfer paper
- Embroidery thread in desired colors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery hoop
- Air soluble marker
- 8" x 10" canvas
- Hot glue gun
- Follow the directions on the transfer paper to print your photograph onto the iron transfer paper. Don't forget to mirror your image before printing.
- Iron the image onto the white cotton fabric.
- Use an air soluble marker to draw into the image. Use the project image as inspiration for the design.
- Place the fabric into the embroidery hoop. Embroider over the lines drawn on the image. Use a variety of stitches such as a back stitch, running stitch, French knots, satin stitch, daisy stitch, chain stitch, etc.
- When your design is completed, remove the fabric from the hoop.
- Iron the fabric, but make sure to avoid the ironed on image.
- Center the embroidered image onto the front of the canvas. Hot glue the edges of the fabric to the back of the canvas and trim any leftover fabric.
CRAFT HACK TIPS & TRICKS:
- Be sure to mirror your image before printing it on the iron transfer paper.