Hey, Lovelies! It’s October and I am prepping for Halloween all month. Emily here from B. Lovely Events and I love Halloween because you can get a little bit crazy, kooky and fun with the design because it is filled with so much character! Of course, the main highlight of Halloween is costumes and one thing that always goes well with costumes is masks!
I am not talking scary masks, I am talking masquerade masks. I love over the top, fun masks. Masks can be creative, vibrant and have unlimited flair. This mask has everything that I love about Halloween yet it chic and sophisticated. From the feathers to the bits or sparkle, this is such a lovely Halloween mask! It is so easy to make and I am going show you the steps to make it with supplies from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Here is what you need to make it:
• Swoops Half Paper Mask
• Black Satin Mask
• Black Feathers
• White Feathers
• Black Goose Feathers
• Silver Adhesive Rhinestones
• Ring Spider (available in-stores)
• Halloween Colored Twine, Silver, Black and Orange Pack (available in-stores)
• Tulip Silver Glitter Fine Tip Fabric Paint
• Tulip Metallic Black
• Glue Gun
• Glue Stick
Easy How To Steps To Make This Halloween Mask:
1. Layer – The Black Mask Over the White and secure it with hot glue.
2. Glue – The feathers to the top swoosh of the white mask. Layer the white and black feathers and add accents of the thin black goose feathers intermixed.
3. Stick – The silver rhinestones to the side of the mask to add some flair. I did 7 rows but how many you do is completely up to you.
4. Remove – The silver spider from the ring. You can use metal cutters or just move the ring back and forth until the spider becomes loose. Hot glue it to the mask. This is one of my favorite details of the mask.
5. Wrap – The left part of the mask with orange and silver twine. And secure the ends with glue to the back of the mask.
6. Add – Some more silver rhinestones in between the colors.
7. Use – The silver glitter fine-tipped fabric paint and drawn in a spider web to the side of the mask. These are some great instructions if you don’t know how http://m.wikihow.com/Draw-a-Spider-Web. Let dry.
8. Draw – In an Eek or a Boo to the top of the mask for the black metallic fine-tipped fabric paint. Let dry.
Now you have a lovely Halloween mask! You can follow these steps or take the supplies and be creative. It is completely up to you. This would be such a gorgeous mask to wear on Halloween or a great piece to put on a mantle as part of your Halloween décor.
Happy Crafting! -Emily
B. Lovely Events