This week sadly marks the end of summer, but it also marks the start of all things pumpkin flavored. I’ll be perfectly honest; I’m not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie or pumpkin flavored desserts. I always have to come up with something pumpkin flavored that I can enjoy with my family. It’s always a problem each year since my family is all about the pumpkin. My solution was to make these adorable Mini Pumpkin Pie Cookies. Pumpkin Spice flavored cookies are one of the few pumpkin flavored items I love and if you have the same problem as I do, they are a great alternative to pumpkin pie. Hi, everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to make these tasty cookies for fall!
To make these cookies you’ll need:
• Your favorite pumpkin spice cookie recipe or a store bought mix for pumpkin spice cookies.
• 2 white icing containers
• Icing tips
• Or you can use this icing, these icing tips, and decorating bags
• Mini round cake/pie pans
• Graham cracker crumbs
• Or you can get the already made mini graham cracker pie crusts
Here’s how to make the cookies:
Makes 6 mini pies.
1. First, you mix up your pumpkin spice cookie dough according to the directions of your recipe or store bought mix.
2. Once you have your mix, divide into six little sections for each pie. You’ll then place each piece of cookie dough into the pie and spread it out so it reaches almost the top of the crust. Like you see above. You don’t want the dough to go past that point.
3. Bake them according to your recipe directions, which was about 15 minutes for me.
4. Pull them out of the oven and let them cool completely. The cookies should deflate into the piecrust as they cool.
5. Once they are completely cool, you’ll ice them with your white icing and tips. This will make them look like little pies.
6. You’ll ice them along the edges and they make a little dollop in the middle with the icing.
That’s it! You’re done!
You then have some adorable mini pumpkin pie like cookies to enjoy and serve.
You can also slice them into little pie slices, add a little dollop of icing on each piece and make little pumpkin pie slice cookie bites as well.
How cute is that tiny piece of pumpkin cookie pie?! Too cute!
However you decide to serve them, I’m sure you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!
I hope you enjoy making these fun and easy to make adorable Mini Pumpkin Pie Cookies! They are the tastiest pumpkin flavored fall treat!
Be sure to shop the baking section of your favorite JOANN Fabric and Craft Store to pick up some more fun baking supplies to make all your favorite fall treats with. You can also find products here on Joann.com.