I hope you have been enjoying the change of seasons. Normally I hold on tight to summer but this year we had such an awesome summer of weather in Ohio I gladly welcomed fall. My kids are gearing up for Halloween and all my fall touches are added to my house. The project is so simple to make with the pre-fabricated trio of wood circles available at Jo-Ann. I made pumpkin shelves out of them but you could also turn them into apple shelves if you would rather.
Hi, I’m Beckie Farrant from Infarrantly Creative, here to show you this fall decor DIY.
1. To begin paint or stain the circles in the color of your choice. I used Rust Oleum’s Early American and applied it with a lone sock. Let it dry overnight.
2. Paint the rim of the wood circles the color of your choice. I opted to use a small bottle of craft paint but anything will do. Optional: You can send the edges a little with sandpaper to distress it.
3. I just went out into my backyard and grabbed some dead branches off some pine trees and then used my chop saw to cut them to size. I dry brushed on some green craft paint to make them look like the pumpkin stem.
4. Since this won’t have hands touching it I just hot glued the branches in place. You could also use wood glue for a stronger hold.
5. These come with hangers on the back but since these are seasonal I didn’t want to pound nails into my wall so I removed those with a small screwdriver. I cut strips of 3M Command Picture hanging strips and adhered them to the back for temporary hanging.
Then I added a few pumpkins to the shelves for an instant fall celebration.
Jo-Ann carries an amazing line of small pumpkins to choose from. Add your seasonal decor to shelves and you have a great display for the fall months.