The holiday season has finally arrived! It’s also known as the holiday party and dinner season. I’m sure you’ll be hosting lots of friends and family this year and you want to be the hostess with the mostess. Why not take those dinner party table settings up a notch this year with some cute and colorful, a DIY Snowman Flatware Holder Place Cards! I know it’s a mouth full, but these fun little snowmen act as a place card for your guests and a holder for your flatware. It’s an adorable and festive two in one decorative piece for your dinner parties! Hey, everyone! This is Vanessa from Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to make these adorable dinner party accessories.
To make these cute snowmen you’ll need:
• 1 yard of white fleece fabric
• Label maker
• Craft glue
• Glue gun
• Red, black, green, orange, and any color you’d like for your snowman hat and scarf.
• Download & Print this free printable snowman template
Here’s how to make them:
1. First, you’ll Download & Print this free printable snowman template and cut it out with your scissors. You will use this as a guide to trace and cut out your snowman pieces.
2. You take your snowman template pieces and trace the circles onto your white fleece fabric. You’ll also trace out two hat shapes on your colored felt.
3. You will then cut out your circle pieces from the white felt. To make sure you’re getting the same sizes of each duplicate piece, fold over the felt and cut two pieces at one time. You’ll also cut small little circles from your black felt for the two eyes and three buttons. From the black felt, you’ll also cut out two small black lines to go across the hat.
4. Lastly, you’ll cut the scarf pieces from your colored felt. Make sure you cut these a little longer, so a name can fit on them.
5. You’ll cut three red little circles and two green leaf shapes to make the holy for the hat and a triangle shape from the orange felt to make a carrot nose.
6. You’ll align each piece where you’d like it to be and begin gluing the white circles together first with the glue gun. One will be the front of the snowman and the other will be the back.
7. You’ll also use the glue to glue on the hats and the scarf. The scarf on the backside of the snowman in the opposite way the scarf on the front of the snowman is facing. In my case, the front scarf piece is going right and the back scarf piece is going left.
8. You’ll glue the snowman body pieces together along the edges, leaving a space open in the center for the flatware to slip inside. Place a little bit of hot glue between the scarf pieces and pinch them together. You can also do the same for the hat.
9. You’ll glue the eyes, nose, holy, and small details with some regular craft glue.
10. Lastly, you use a label maker to make the name of your holiday guest and stick it onto the scarf piece. I used a ribbon printing label maker and glued the ribbon on with some regular craft glue. Either way, it will work fine!
Put your flatware inside and set your holiday table!
All of your guests will think it’s a super cute way to find their place at the table. Who doesn’t love a cute little snowman, especially one wearing a pink hat and scarf?!!
It’s a fun and easy way to add a special touch to your holiday dinner parties this year!
I’m sure whoever you invite over for your holiday dinners and parties will love them as much as my family and I do!
Have a Colorful and Happy Holiday Season everyone!
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores to make more fun Holiday DIY ideas!