Hi there! Kim from The Celebration Shoppe here with a fun Easter snack idea to help you hippity hop into Easter party season. These are perfect for Easter celebrations and class parties, or just playing around the kitchen with your kids.
For the bunnies, you’ll need:
• 12 Rice Krispies Treats snack packs
• 20 white Wilton chocolate wafer melts (or cake icing for a dairy-free version)
• Pink Wilton heart cake decorating candies
• Resealable plastic bag
• Wax paper
• Optional: Lollipop sticks and Paper straws
Whip them up in minutes with these easy steps:
1. Trace the size of a Rice Krispies Treat onto a sheet of paper. Cut it out and use the size to make a simple template of bunny ears, leaving room for a half face (as shown).
2. Cut the rice krispies out with a sharp knife.
3. Fill a resealable bag with 7 white chocolate wafer melts, heat in microwave in 8-second intervals until melted. Snip off one corner of the bag and outline the treat.
4. Heat the remaining chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl and slowly spoon it into the center of the Rice Krispies Treat.
5. Pull the chocolate to the edges with a toothpick.
6. Add upside down heart candy and coconut whiskers.
7. Optional: Carefully insert lollipop sticks and slip inside paper straws to display.
And for the carrots you’ll need:
• 12 Rice Krispies Treats
• White Wilton chocolate wafer melts (or cake icing for a dairy-free version)
• Wilton orange gel food coloring
• Green crepe paper
• Martha Stewart fringe scissors
These also only take a few minutes:
1. Cut each Rice Krispies Treat into a triangle (just shaving off the sides to a point).
2. Heat 20 chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl in 8-second intervals until melted.
3. Color chocolate with orange gel food coloring.
4. Dip the triangle treats and roll to cover both sides.
5. Allow to partially dry and swipe a toothpick across top to look like ridges.
6. Roll crepe paper for stem, cut a quarter of the length off, fringe top and tape bottom.
7. Insert toothpick in top and attach crepe topper.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate! Happy Easter everyone!