What better day than today to have some girl power fun?! Today’s project will help you celebrate all of the amazing things that you as a female are capable of, whether you’re an adult, toddler, or teenager! I’m Abby from Sew Much Ado, and today I’m sharing a fun DIY to make a trio of matching Girl Power Shirts and Bracelets!
I love the selection of plain t-shirts found at JOANN. They are the perfect canvas for these girl power shirts!
You’ll find the link to the Cricut Design Space project below and one 12×12” piece of iron-on will allow you to cut all three t-shirt designs and all three bracelet designs at once.
Ready to get your girl power on?!
Girl Power T-Shirts
Supplies for Shirts:
Plain t-shirts – I used two Missy Crew Neck grey shirts from Jo-Ann and one toddler sized grey shirt that I had on hand
Cricut Iron-on – black
1. Place iron-on shiny side down on cutting mat (12×12” piece). Use Cricut Design Space project to cut designs from iron-on. Be sure to click “mirror” before cutting! Each design can be re-sized for different shirt sizes as needed, but are sized as the following:
THE FUTURE? YOU’RE LOOKING AT HER: Toddler
GIRL POWER: Teen
CAPE OPTIONAL: Adult
2. Weed negative vinyl and cut around outside of each phrase.
3. Center iron-on on front of each shirt. Place press cloth over top, and fuse iron-on to each shirt with high heat. Remove plastic covering.
I’VE GOT THIS Bracelets
Supplies for Bracelets:
white faux leather – 1/8yd or scraps
Cricut Iron-on – black
1. Cut the following sizes of faux leather adjust as needed for length:
Teen/Adult: 1”x5 ½”
2. For each bracelet, cut a 1 ¾” length of 1” wide elastic.
3. Use “I GOT THIS” iron-on from t-shirt project above and weed negative iron-on from each phrase. For each bracelet, center iron-on on right side of faux leather piece.
4. Cover iron-on and faux leather with a press cloth and fuse iron-on to faux leather with medium heat (the faux leather will melt easily, and the iron-on will adhere much faster to faux leather than cloth – check every 5 seconds to ensure the vinyl doesn’t melt!).
5. Overlap one end of elastic ¼” with one end of faux leather, on wrong side. Use zig-zag stitch to secure elastic to faux leather. Repeat with opposite end of elastic and opposite end of faux leather, forming bracelet.
Great job! Now go show the world how awesome you are!