Hello! Heidi Swapp here with you today…I am so excited to be returning as a blog contributor! I love sharing my ideas for party decor and it is even more fun when I get to include my latest products from the Marquee Love collection and the Minc! I even included a FREE PRINTABLE for everyone today so don’t miss the download link at the bottom of this post!
From the time that I was the littlest girl, as far back as I can remember, the 4th of July was the most EPIC celebration of the summer!
My Grandparents own a cabin east of the Salt Lake Valley in the most beautiful place we call “Up the Lazy Weber”. Everyone would head to the cabin in their grubby “cabin clothes” and squeeze every ounce of FUN out of each drop of daylight! Today, the tradition is alive and well – and everyone LOVES being together at the Cabin!
In anticipation of the patriotic parties we have planned, I headed to JOANN
Fabric Craft Stores with the intent to create some PARTY DÉCOR that I could use again and again, throughout the summer, and for years to come! Luckily they had everything I needed and more!
This is my haul…
I grabbed fabric, a wreath form, paper goods, a big flower planter, ribbons, doilies, jars and my Marquee Love Letters to spell USA and Marquee Love Stars!
I am totally addicted to the look of FOIL on EVERYTHING!! This is where my new Minc. Foil Applicator Machine comes in handy! I picked up a few of the ready-made elements that allow you to add the color of foil you need at a moment’s notice that will coordinate with any party! Obviously I choose lots of red, blue and silver!
What I made with my Minc Machine and foil rolls:
1. BANNERS: A party just isn’t a party without lots of banners! I love banners! I pulled out some burlap banners I made a few years ago, and they are great to use over and over. I created 2 “word” banners . The first set says “celebrate ” and these letters are the lower case alphabets that are pre-designed for you!
The second one says “freedom” and for this set I used the pre-designed Jumbo Stripe Alpha . After I added foil to the letters, I just mounted them onto cardstock with foam adhesive and cut the bottoms into flag shapes
2. JARS: For parties, I always like to have a place to put the silverware – I added BLUE foil to
3. MARQUEE LIGHTS: I love to add colorful inserts inside the Marquee letters and shapes; you can choose whatever style/color you want to create the perfect occasion! In this case, I printed a US Flag out in black and white using a LASER PRINTER. (you can also make copies using a TONER copier) and combined the red and blue foil to make the flag inserts look just amazingly shiny . Even more shiny when the lights were turned on! The Marquee letters come with tracing templates in the box so you simply trace the paper you want to use and pop it right into the light.
To create Marquee Light “picks” for the USA letters in the flower box I poked holes in the paper walls, and stuck 5/8” wooden dowels through the centers of the letters. This allowed me to stick them into the planter box
Once my Marquee lights were decorated, I added one of the stars to a wreath I picked up in stores. I embellished it with a wood word (added some silver glitter), a bow, and a tissue paper pom pom! The wreath is the perfect backdrop for the star of the show!
The second star was pretty simple but I did write the message Let Freedom Ring along the side for an added whimsical touch.
4. GOODIES: I decorated 2 different “goodie” bags for guests to grab and go!
Whatever type of bag or box you wish to load with treats…here are 2 fun ways to embellish anything!
Pre-made Pinwheel kits from the Minc. collection are ready for you to pick your foil color, assemble and add to a project! I decided to make s’more kits in side little white box es and then I layered a mini doily and a Minc. pinwheel foiled in red, blue and silver! on the outside! It only took minutes!
These mini treat bags from the Minc. collection were also super quick to decorate with the “left over” foil sheet s . I used Minc. papers and then took the excess foil piece s and cut them into 2”x6” strips. I gathered the strips in the center and stapled to the bag. TA DA! These simple little ‘recycle d ’ bows make a great impact ANYWHERE!
and… what might be my most favorite PARTY touch
5. Photo Props: I love to capture the crazy with photo props and everyone loves to get in on the action!
Making a photo booth is as simple as putting up a backdrop (with a banner if you choose) and making some props!
GRAB YOUR FREE DOWNLOAD:
Today I want to share a free printable with you so that you can have your own Photo Prop Fun!! My team designed these ADORABLE photo props that are ready to PRINT and FOIL ! Or just print! If you have a Minc . download and print the black and white sheets on a Laser Printer then add your favorite colors of foil to each prop and run it through the Minc ! If you don’t have a Minc yet… print out the color sheets and simply hand cut around the designs. Tape bamboo skewers to the edges so everyone can hold them in place. OH the fun and happy pics you can snap! To download the free printables just CLICK HERE.
These are some of my favorite GO-TO ideas! No matter what the occasion or the celebration… creating eye candy décor will make your party completely UNFORGETTABLE!! and of course makes everything TASTE more delicious!
A HUGE thank you to the team at JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores for inviting me to share my favorite p arty ideas…and for making it so easy to MAKE PRETTY STUFF with all of the fabulous products they carry in their stores! xoxo — heidi