Fall is finally in full swing and everyone in the neighborhood has beautiful doorsteps filled with pumpkins and wreaths, so you could imagine I needed one too! Instead of just making a traditional fall wreath, I decided to make a wood plank wreath and dress it up with a photo collage. Hi! I’m Kim Byers of The Celebration Shoppe. Let’s get crafty and I’ll teach you how to make a colorful and bright Happy Fall Y’All wreath.
To make this Fall wreath, you’ll need a few things from your local Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Store:
• Blank Plank Sign with twine hanger (available in-stores)
• Fall Diecut (available in-stores)
• Rust-Oleum Maui Blue Spray Paint (available in-stores)
• Elmer’s Extreme Glue (available in-stores)
• DCWV Photo Mats in various sizes (available in-stores)
• Cricut Design Space
• Cricut Explore Air
• Cricut Explore Standard Mat (12×12)
• Cricut Weeding Tool
• Cricut Transfer Tape
• Cricut White Vinyl (available in-stores)
• Hot Glue Gun
• Glue Sticks
• Fall Florals (available in-stores)
• Paper Trimmer or Scissors
Easy How To Steps For Making A Happy Fall Y’All Photo Plank Wreath:
1. Design – Use my project in Cricut Design Space, or search for typography to make your own!
2. Paint and glue – Spray paint the FALL lettering. I suggest 2-3 light coats, allowing them to dry 5 minutes between. Glue them to plank sign.
3. Cut and weed – Set your Cricut to the vinyl setting and cut. Weed out the excess design. If your design is detailed, use transfer tape to add it to your canvas.
4. Trim and frame – select fall photos, trim and insert in frames.
5. Layout and hot glue – place framed photos and florals around typography and hot glue in place.
Looking for more creative fall wreath ideas? Make sure you hop over and learn how to make a Fall Paper Flowers Wreath. Or maybe you’re ready for Halloween?! Check out my Frankenstein Pallet and Teal Pumpkin Project, and my Halloween entryway.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create, and celebrate with Jo-Ann!