It’s time to start thinking about fall and how to decorate your home with lovely fall florals, wreaths, and pumpkins! And what better way to kick the crafting season off than making your own front porch wreath in beautiful oranges, yellows, browns, and blues? Hi! I’m Kim Byers of The Celebration Shoppe. Let’s get crafty and I’ll teach you how to make a beautiful fall paper flower wreath!
To make this fall wreath, you’ll need a few things from your Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores:
• Assorted Fall Cardstock Colors (available in-store)
• Cricut Design Space
• Cricut Explore Air
• Cricut Explore Standard or Heavy Mat (12×12)
• Cricut Weeding Tool
• Cricut Paper Crafting Set
• Large Vine Wreath
• Hot Glue Gun
• Glue Sticks
• Foam Adhesive Squares
Easy How To Steps For Making A Personalized Teacher Gift:
1. Design – Use my project in Cricut Design Space, or search for flowers and leaves and make your own! Size your florals to fit your wreath. If you’re not sure, I suggest cutting one as a test.
2. Cut & Weed – Load cardstock into your machine, cut and weed out excess design. As you pull your leaves and branches from the mat, allow them to curl.
3. Apply – Using hot glue, attach your paper branches and leaves to twine. Attach them close together and overlapping for a full look. Hot glue the twine to the wreath.
4. Add florals – Cut, weed, curl, and hot glue flowers next. I also suggest layering the flowers with foam adhesive squares to give them a 3-D look. Attach the flowers to the wreath with hot glue.
Now that your wreath is done, you can place it on your entry table (like I’ve done), hang it on your front door, or place it above your mantel. No matter what you choose, a pretty “WELCOME” sign would be a beautiful touch to add. It’s super easy. Hop over to my next post to learn all the fun and easy DIY details for making a foil welcome sign!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate with Jo-Ann!