Easter has always been extremely special in my family. Beyond our faith, it’s a time of togetherness, food, and fun! One of my favorite crafts each year is decorating and filling the Easter baskets. And to top it off, this year we’re having a large family Easter egg hunt. I’m so excited! Hi! I’m Kim Byers of The Celebration Shoppe. Let’s get hopping and I’ll show you how to take ordinary baskets and stuffed animals, and make them special with your Cricut Explore Air 2.
Supplies for personalized Easter baskets:
• Baskets with fabric insert (or you can make your own!)
• Cricut Explore Air 2
• Standard mat
• Iron and ironing pad
• Design Space (a multitude of fonts are available)
1. Select a font in Design Space, measure the length and width of the area on the front of your basket, and size the name.
2. Cut the name from iron-on, weed and iron onto basket fabric. (Tip: Make sure you turn off the steam feature or it could bubble the letters.)
Now that I live in the south again, we monogram everything! I personally love it. But even if you don’t live in the south, monogramming or adding a design to the bunny’s tummy or foot is a great way to personalize your child’s Easter stuff!
1. Choose a bunny or other stuffy with a tummy or foot patch and buy a coordinating iron-on.
2. Measure the space, design either a monogram or select a design that means something to your child (ex., a baseball).
3. Cut the design, weed and apply with a hot iron. Do not use steam.
Now that the Easter baskets are packed full of goodies and pretties like the monogrammed bunny, I hate to see it all tossed on the table when it’s time for the Easter egg hunt. Plus, the weather is so unpredictable this time of year. It could be raining now that we live in the south, but last year we had to worry about muddy snow! Needless to say, I like to save the basket for the bunny and make pails for the hunt!
1. Measure the pail and size the monogram or design in Design Space.
2. Cut, weed and apply the design.
3. To apply, use transfer tape to move the design flawlessly and perfectly to your pail.
Happy Easter everyone and as always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate with Jo-Ann!