‘Tis the Season of layers, when you can’t quite bring yourself to wear a winter jacket but want to be warm and comfy! Lucky for us, ponchos are back in style. Whether you like them short and chic, or oversized and fluffy – ponchos are perfect for wearing on the go and still looking fabulous. You can make an easily reversible poncho this Season using the latest sweater knit, fleece, faux fur, or other mid-heavy weight fabric of your choice found at your local Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores!
Hi, Jess Abbott here from The Sewing Rabbit, showing you this fun sewing project.
How to sew a reversible poncho:
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Time Needed: 2 – 3 hours
● 2.5 yds. mid-heavy weight fashion fabric for exterior
● 2.5 yds. mid-heavy weight fashion fabric for lining
● Coordinating thread
● Rotary cutter / fabric scissors
● Cutting mat
● Universal regular point sewing needle
● Measuring tape
● Basic sewing essentials (available in-stores)
Fabric Seen in Photos:
● Tan and black windowpane medium weight knit fashion fabric – found in-store at your local JOANN Fabric & Craft Stores
● Knit Apparel Fabric-Quilted Diamond Black Knit
Let’s get sewing…
How to Sew a Reversible Poncho:
And you are finished!
It makes the perfect handmade holiday gift for Mom, sis, a friend…or you.