SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Special occasion fabric & notions per pattern jacket
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Bride Pattern: Burda® 6940, View A
- Bridesmaid Pattern: McCall's® M6030
Follow the pattern instructions.
Tips for working with specialty fabric:
- When working with an unfamiliar fabric type, or a tricky fabric, practice on scraps and make adjustments before beginning the project.
- Use pattern weights when cutting to keep this lightweight fabric from shifting.
- Layering the tulle on top of plain tissue paper, then pinning it before cutting, helps control the tulle. Simply pull away the tissue paper when finished.
- Rotary cutters and large rotary mat are excellent for slippery fabrics, fine shears and synthetic suedes.
- One of the best investments is a good pair of sewing scissors. Use them only for fabric.