1. Wash surfaces in warm soapy water. Allow to dry. Wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
2. Cut out desired design elements. Remove the backing from the silkscreen and set aside to later store the silkscreen. Position silkscreen on glass surface and press in place.
3. Silkscreen butterfly designs on cups using Opaque Texture Pollen, Geranium, Habanero with a pouncer. Pour a small amount of paint onto a foam plate. Load the paint sparingly on a pouncer, dab off excess, and tap onto silkscreen. Apply second coat if necessary.
4. To create the ombre look shown on some of the mugs, begin painting at the top of the butterfly with Pollen. Then add Geranium and finish with Habanero, gently blending the colors where they meet.
5. While paint is still wet, carefully peel off the silkscreen. Wash and completely dry silkscreens before reusing. Let painted designs dry for 30 minutes before applying another silkscreen. Allow project to dry completely.
6. All painted glass projects should be cured to increase the paint's durability. Use either of the following techniques:
7. Bake to Cure - Place dry painted glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350 degress F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
8. Air Cure - Air dry completed projects for 21 days before using.
9. Rinse silkscreens and tools immediately after use to remove excess paint. Do not allow paint to dry on silkscreen.