Measures 36"x 50" (91.5 x 127 cm)
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 10 skeins Lion Brand® Hometown USA® Yarn: Dallas Grey
- Circular knitting needle size 15 [10 mm], 29" [73.5 cm]
- Cable needle
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
GAUGE:10 sts + 10 rows = 4"(10 cm) in Cable pattern.
- STITCH EXPLANATION:
- 2/2 LC (2 over 2 left cross) Slip 2 sts to cable needle & hold in front of work, k2, then k2 from cable needle.
- PATTERN STITCH:
- Cable pattern (worked over a multiple of 6 sts)
- Row 1 (RS): Sl 1, * k4, p2; rep from * to last 5 sts k4, p1.
- Row 2: Sl 1, * p4, k2; rep from* to last 5 sts, p5.
- Row 3: Sl 1, *2/2 LC, p2; rep from * to last 5 sts 2/2 LC, p1.
- Row 4: Rep Row 2.
- Rep Rows 1-4 for Cable pattern.
- Afghan is worked in 1 piece without borders. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back & forth on circular needle as if working on straight needles.
- Cast on 96 sts.
- Beg with Row 1, work in Cable pattern, rep Rows 1-4 until piece measures 50" [127 cm] from beg.
- Bind off.
- FINISHING: Weave in ends.
- beg = begin(ning)
- k = knit
- p = purl
- rep = repeat(ing)
- sl = slip
- st(s) = stitch(es)