Measures 15"x38"(38 cm x 96.5 cm) circumference
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 skeins Red Heart® Soft® Yarn: Really Red
- Size 13 [9 mm] 32" [80 cm] circular needle
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
GAUGE: 10½ sts = 4" [10 cm]; 17 rnds = 4" (10 cm) in Check pattern with 2 strands of yarn held together.
To print the pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Work in rnds with 2 strands of yarn held tog. Roll the third skein of yarn into 2 balls before beg. Alternately, hold the beg end of the third ball & the end (tucked inside the ball) tog for the 2 strands.
- With 2 strands of yarn held tog, loosely cast on 100 sts. Place marker for beg of rnd. Do not twist stitches. Prepare to work in rounds. Work in Garter stitch (purl 1 rnd, knit 1 rnd, purl 1 rnd) for 3 rnds.
- Begin Check Pattern
- Rnd 1: *K5, p5; rep from * to end of rnd.
- Rnd 2: Knit.
- Rnds 3 & 4: Rep Rnds 1 & 2.
- Rnd 5: Rep Rnd 1.
- Rnd 6: *P5, k5; rep from * to end of rnd.
- Rnd 7: Knit.
- Rnds 8 & 9: Rep Rnds 6 & 7.
- Rnd 10: Rep Rnd 6.
- Rnds 11–60: Rep Rnds 1-10 five more times.
- Work in Garter stitch for 3 rnds. Bind off loosely.
- FINISHING: Weave in ends.
- beg = beginning
- k = knit;
- p = purl
- rep = repeat
- rnd = round
- st = stitch
- tog = together;
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.