1. Fold white cardstock in half lengthwise. Trace candy cane shape on fold and cut out.
2. Cut strips of red cardstock as shown, and glue in place as stripes on candy cane.
3. Cut Red cardstock tag 2-1/2"x2-1/4", and round the corners. Glue green scrap at top of red tag, and a thin strip of light green across top. Punch hole at top.
4. Trace and cut a white felt stocking shape and glue in place on red tag. Glue stacked buttons on stocking.
5. Wrap a length of red and white ribbon around top of candy cane and through hole in tag, and tie in place. Glue to secure.
6. Print out "JOY" and a message on computer printer, cut out each of the letters J-O-Y in circles to fit inside buttons. Glue "JOY" letters on green buttons, and glue to red tag.
7. Cut the message in a rectangle, and attach to cardstock.
8. Punch small hole in top of message rectangle. Tie to ribbon with embroidery thread.