SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cake mix - 1 box (light colored cake works best)
- White icing, approximately 3 cups
- White, orange & yellow decorating sugars
- Candy corns
- Mix and bake cake in shaped pan according to package directions.
- Allow cake to cool completely before decorating.
- Ice the cake in white icing.
- Using a piece of parchment paper, mask off the bottom two thirds of the cake and cover the pointed end of the cake in white sugar.
- Using two pieces of parchment, mask off the white sugar section as well as the bottom third section of the cake. Cover the exposed middle section in orange sugar.
- Using a piece of parchment, mask off the top two thirds of the cake and cover the remaining section in yellow sugar.
- Gently press candy cornsaround the base of the cake, creating a finished border.