SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Boye® Round Loom & Loom Hook: 30-peg (36, 40) peg loom
- Boye® PomPom Maker
- Lion Brand® Hometown USA Super Bulky Yarn:
- 1 skein Pittsburgh yellow (A)
- 1 skein Syracuse orange (B)
- 1 skein New York white (C)
- Tapestry needle
- Tape measure
Written for the smallest size. Other sizes are in parentheses.
To fit head circumference:
Infant/Toddler: 18"-20 "
- With A, cast on all pegs using e-wrap cast on.
- Knit 10 (12, 14) rounds. Cut yarn leaving 8" tail.
- With B, knit 10 (12, 14) rounds. Cut yarn leaving 8" tail.
- With C, knit 10 (12, 14) rounds.
- With only one loop on each peg at the end of Round 30 (36, 42), cut yarn leaving 24" tail.
- Thread ending yarn tail onto tapestry needle.
- Starting with peg 1, insert the needle below the loop & pull the yarn through. Repeat for all pegs; repeat for peg 1 to make sure there is no gap.
- Remove loops from pegs & turn hat inside out.
- Gather snugly; fasten off securely.
- Turn hat right side out. Lower edge of hat will roll naturally to create an attractive brim.
- With Color B, make pompom using largest ring on Boye® PomPom Maker, or cut a piece of cardboard 4"x3". Wrap yarn around cardboard 75 times. Thread yarn needle with 8" piece of yarn. Insert needle between cardboard & yarn wraps at top edge. Remove needle & tie yarn tightly around all wraps. Cut wraps at opposite edge to form pompom. Shake pompom to distribute yarn evenly. Trim ends as needed.
- Securely attach pompom to top of hat; weave in all yarn tails.