1. Carefully remove the backs from the paper mache letters with a sharp X-Acto® knife.
2. Use a screw punch or a drill to make holes in each letter. There are 12 lights on each light set. Make 5 holes in C, 5 holes in A, 4 holes in N, 6 holes in D and 4 holes in Y.
3. Paint the sides and tops of the letters. Allow to dry.
4. Place letter onto a sheet of paper and brush on a coat of Mod Podge®. Sprinkle with fine glitter that matches or is close to the color of the paint. Tap the sides of the letter to move the glitter around to cover the surface. Tap excess glitter onto the paper. Funnel excess glitter back into the glitter container. Repeat for each letter.
5. Place letters facedown on work surface and connect them together with small bull clips/binder clips. Note: because the A and the Y are angled, the grouping will be offset.
6. Unwind the moon light strands. Start at either end and line the lights up with the holes in the letters. Place masking tape over each light to hold in place. Tape the battery pack to the side of a letter. Make sure that the switch is accessible to turn on and off.