SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Gallery Series canvases 15" x 30" (3)
- Bunches of Silk Vision 16" Phalaenopsis Leaf Plant (6)
- Pieces of Olivia green felt 8" x 11" (6)
- Bottle of green acrylic paint
- Bottle of golden yellow acrylic paint
- Small paintbrush
- Tube of E6000 glue.
- Sharpie™ marker
- Using scissors, snip the individual leaves at the base from the bunch of leaves. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Lay the canvases on a flat surface and arrange the leaves in random order, with equal amount on each canvas.
- On the Olivia felt, cut out wide palm leaves. Cut slits and holes in the leaves, as they would appear in nature.
- Arrange the felt leaves on the canvases in random order, with the same number on each canvas.
- With a pencil, draw 3-4 skinny palm leaves on the canvas in random order.
- Mix the green and yellow paint in a disposable cup until the desired color has been achieved.
- Fill in the pencil areas for the skinny palm leaves. Two layers of paint may be necessary.
- When the design has been laid out, apply glue to the back of the felt leaves first and glue in place.
- Then glue the Phalaenopsis leaves in place.
- Place moderately heavy books on these leaves until the glue sets, about 2 hours.
- Allow the canvases to set overnight.