SupplieS & ToolS:
1/8 yd each: 4 print fabrics or fat quarters (A, B, C, D)
5/8 yd fabric for lining
1/4 yd fabric for ties
1/2 yd Warm & Natural batting
Basic sewing supplies
Iron & ironing surface
1/4" seam allowance. Any 9" quilt block design may be used.
For larger casserole dishes, increase the size of the blocks.
9" NINE-PATCH SQUARES: Make 4.
1. Cut three 3"x11" strips from each print fabric or fat quarter. Lay fabrics in ABA, BAB, CDC, DCD patterns. Sew
strips together. Press.
2. Cut sewn strips into three 3" sections.
3. Sew sections together to form 4 nine-patch squares. Press. Trim to 9". Sew the 4 nine-patch squares together to
create a 18" square.
4. Cut 18" square of lining. Cut two 18" squares of Warm & Natural batting. Layer lining, Warm & Natural
batting and top. Baste with edges even. Quilt as desired.
1. Cut two 2"x36" pieces for loop and two 2"x21" pieces for ties. Press pieces in half, open up, then press edges
to center. Sew strips to edges of square as shown in Fig 1, using 3/8" seam, having ends extend past square.
Edge stitch ties together to end. Fold loop ends over and sew.
2. Pull ties through loops. Tie to cover casserole.
Finished size fits 9" casserole dish
Created by JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores