SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Chalkboard 12" × 12"
- Frame 12" × 12"
- Cricut® Explore Air (or Cricut Explore with bluetooth adapter)*
- Cricut® Design Space app for iPad® (or use a desktop/laptop if no iPad)
- My Countdown graphic in Design Space
- 12" × 12" Cricut® Mat
- Cricut® Vinyl Stencil
- Cricut® Transfer Tape
- Chalk marker, fine tip
- Tape, Ruler (optional)
- Cut stencil. Open the project in Design Space, insert mat with vinyl and cut.
- Transfer design. Measure center placement of chalkboard. Tape edges down so it doesn’t shift. Overlay transfer tape onto design and pull it away slowly taking your design with it.
- Apply stencil to chalkboard. Place design in the exact same place, centered to chalkboard. Pull transfer tape up slowly from the top. (Tip: For intricate details like letters, use a ruler to hold the letters in place while pulling the backer away. Then cut off any backer already removed so it doesn’t restick.)
- Trace and decorate. Using a fine tip chalkboard marker, outline the entire design. Then add pattern and detail to the books and apple if so desired.
- Change numbers. Use the stencil for day one of the countdown, and use a damp paper towel to erase the number countdown each additional day.
Tip: A small paint brush and water is the perfect eraser for mistakes when using a chalk pen.