1. Paint hoops solid black. Allow to dry.(Tip: Tape over the fasteners.)
2. Lay coordinating fabric in 14" and 6" hoops, close and trim off excess.
3. Write sentiments by hand or on the computer, centering them and keeping them within the size of the hoop. Print. (Tip: Using multiple font types and sizes increases visual interest.)
4. Using the inner hoop, outer wall, as a guide, draw a light ring with a pencil. Cut.
5. Place paper over hoop, center and trim. Flip paper over and chalk entire back with the side of a piece of chalk. Tape paper to chalkboard circle. Pencil over entire design. Remove paper.
6. The pencil transfer may be enough, but if preferred, a brighter effect can be achieved using a piece of chalk to go over the design again.