1. Clean jars with warm soapy water; rinse well. Dry thoroughly.
2. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe jars to remove any remaining dirt or soap residue.
1. Measure and mask rectangle shape in desired size. Use stencil tape to create mask. Press tape in place.
2. Using small utility brush, paint rectangle with black chalkboard paint. Allow to dry and reapply until chalkboard is opaque.
3. Carefully remove tape when paint is dry. You may wish to score along the tape edge using a craft knife before removing tape.
4. Condition chalkboard paint before using. Wipe chalk over entire surface. Wipe away excess chalk dust with paper towel.
5. Stencil Chipotle border around chalkboard rectangle. Allow to dry.
1. To create a more unified collection, paint metal lids one color. Sample lids were painted with Sterling. Apply multiple coats if needed.
If desired, add a stencil design to jar lid.