1. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions included with the Chesapeake Cornice Kit to construct the cornice and cover with the main fabric. Stop at the steps where the lining fabric is attached. DO NOT attach lining.
2. To create the pleated wrap:
3. Trim fabric A, if necessary, to measure 54"x18".
4. Working across the width of fabric, begin on one selvage edge. Fold under 8", wrong sides together, and press. Alternate folds and press.
5. From accent fabric B, cut to 12"x18".
6. Fold under 3" (wrong sides together) and press both 18” sides to create the 6"x18" center wrap.
7. Center pleated wrap (Fabric A) from side to side and top to bottom on fabric covered cornice. Using staple gun, secure to back of cornice.
8. Position center wrap (Fabric B) on pleated wrap and staple on back of cornice to secure.
9. Following the manufacturer’s instructions included with the Chesapeake Cornice Kit, attach the lining fabric and complete the cornice.